Address: Swinley Forest GC, Coronation Road, Ascot, SL5 9LE Tel: 01344 295282
Package Includes: Tea/Coffee & bacon roll on arrival, one round am, plated lunch following golf, prizes and OoM points
How will Covid 19 affect the day at Swinley Forest?
· The locker rooms will not be in use so you are advised to arrive in your golf clothing and change your shoes in the car park.
· The men’s toilets in the locker rooms will be available and the ladies’ toilet will be in the clubhouse. You must not leave anything in the locker rooms
· At registration you will be given the scorecard of one of your playing partners, you will mark his / her scores and your own and then check the scores after your round and before handing in your playing partner’s card. You are not required to sign your own scorecard as the Player but you are required to sign your playing partner’s card as the Marker.
· Player’s must not swap scorecards.
· Scorecards must be put in the box on the registration desk asap after your round.
· Bunkers will be in play but there will be no rakes. You can prefer your lie within the bunker within 6 inches & no nearer the hole. After playing your stroke you must smooth the sand using your feet and / or club.
· The flagstick must remain in the hole and players must not touch the flagstick with their hand. A player can request to have the flagstick pulled back by using a putter head if the flag is ‘against’ them ie leaning to the side of the hole from where they are putting from.
· At all times players must maintain the appropriate social distancing.
· Coffee / tea & a bacon roll will be served before play.
· A plated two course meal will be served in the dining room after play. There is no requirement to change clothes or wear a jacket after your round. You just need to change out of your golf shoes
· The bar will be open
· The halfway hut will be closed.
Scoring Format: Play will be in threeballs and the scoring format will be Individual Stableford with full handicap allowance. The maximum handicap limits will be 24 for men and 30 for ladies.
Practice facilities: There is a short practice area at Swinley Forest which is only suitable for hitting up to a 7 iron. You need to provide your own practice balls. There is a practice net and a putting green.
On course refreshments: The halfway house will be closed. You are advised to buy drinks from the pro shop before going out.
Prizes: There will be prizes for the first, second and third place. There will be no presentation on the day and prizes will be in the form of SAGT vouchers which will be put into your account / locker.
1st prize £100 2nd prize £70 3rd prize £50
Nearest the Pin: England Golf guidelines do not permit the running of Nearest the Pin Competitions in the current Covid 19 situation.
SAGT Order of Merit: Merit points will be awarded on the basis of 100pts to the winner, 99pts for runner up, 98pts for third and so on.
You will need to be a current member of the SAGT to qualify for merit points.
You can check your membership status and join by calling Kelly / Debbie on 0845 466 2222. The subscription fee is £40 for 12 months from the day you join.
CONGU Qualifier: The event will be a CONGU handicap qualifying event. If this is your first Tour event you will need to give us your CONGU CDH number.
Sweep: Due to the Covid 19 virus we will not be able to collect cash on the day so there will be no sweep.
Dress: Jackets and ties and the equivalent for ladies ARE NOT required.
GPS range finding equipment: The use of GPS range finding devices is permitted on the Tour.
Late Cancellation: Please note that Swinley Forest WILL charge in full for late cancellations.